The SC/ST Cell at Government P.G. College for Women, Rohtak is constituted with the objective of bringing the SC/STs into the main stream of student body.The college is committed to provide an environment that promotes diversity and respects everyone regardless of caste, colour, religious belief or culture. While maintaining diversity of all kinds, it also commits to ensure protection of everyone including SC/STs and act as per the provisions of constitution of India in such matters.
The Institutionestablished the SC/ST Cell according to State Government/UGC guidelines for creating a live work environmentwhere all students feel safe and respected and with a view to ensure implementation of the affirmative policy of the Government of India/State Government/UGC and related orders issued by such authorities from time to time for the benefit of SC/STs. The Cell also organizes interactive sessions and informal meeting with students to resolve their personal, social and academic problems.
The college has also constituteda committee headed by Nodal Officer/Convenorto oversee the effective implementation of reservation policies/rules related to SC/STs as per Government of India/UGC notifications.
Dr. Phool Kumar is the present Nodal Officerof the SC/ST Cell in the college.
Functions of SC/ST Cell:
To ensuring implementation of SC/STs reservation policies.
- To maintain a complaint-register for registering the cases of caste discrimination(which is nil so far).
- To ensure compliance of the orders of reservation issues and other benefitsadmissible from time to time in favour of SC/ST.
- To provide safe and secure environment to SC/STs students.
- To collect and compile the annualstrength of SC/STs students.
- To arrange special opportunities for enhancing the career growth of SCs/STs students.
- To circulate State Government and UGC’s decisions about different scholarship programmes.
Some important links
- Establishment of special cells for scheduled castes and scheduled tribes in universities and institutions deemed to be universities:More Detail
- Facilities for applying online applications for all types of Scholarships on centralized portal, developed by the Department of Higher Education:Higher Education
- Guidelines for Reservation-Policy-of-the-Government of India.UGC Policy
- Department of Social Justice and Empowerment: National Fellowship for Providing Fellowship to SC Students: National Fellowship
- UGC- National Fellowship for SC Students (NFSC): NFSC
- Ministry Of Tribal Affairs, Government of India. National Fellowship Scheme for Higher Education of ST Students: Ministry Of Tribal Affairs